If you’ve been on the internet recently, you’ve probably heard of OpenAI’s ChatGPT, the conversational AI tool that’s taken the marketing world by storm. But with ChatGPT Plus now on the scene, which version packs the most punch for your marketing needs?
As a marketer or business owner, you may be wondering if an upgrade to ChatGPT Plus is worth it. Ask yourself:
- Are you struggling to keep up with the constant demand for fresh content and marketing ideas?
- Are you tired of spending endless hours crafting marketing content?
- Is your marketing creativity feeling a bit stale lately?
- Are you having trouble engaging and connecting with your audience through content?
- Do you need a more efficient way to brainstorm marketing ideas and strategies?
- Are you finding it difficult to maintain a consistent brand voice across your marketing channels?
- Are you spending too much time editing AI-generated content to make it usable?
Don’t worry—we’re here to provide an honest comparison between the two versions of this innovative AI marketing tool and save you time and effort. Let’s dive in!
Conversational AI Tools—Is ChatGPT Plus Worth It?
Faster Response Time
We all know that waiting is about as enjoyable as watching paint dry, especially in today’s fast-paced digital landscape. If you’re already using ChatGPT for content and other work, the rapid response times of ChatGPT Plus will not only streamline your workflow but also elevate the overall user experience.
For example, as a content creator, I spend a lot of time working on copy, whether it’s for social media, landing pages, blogs, etc.
While comparing the two tiers of ChatGPT, I found that the faster response time of ChatGPT Plus was a total game changer:
- For social media-related tasks, I saved an average of 3-5 minutes per post.
- For landing pages, I saved an average of 25-30 minutes per page.
- For blogs, I saved an average of 25-30 minutes per blog.
Look at all of that time saved! Now, don’t get me wrong, using ChatGPT still requires a human touch and your own creativity before you have effective, engaging content that’s ready to be shared with your audience.
Here at Brand Mark Digital, we see ChatGPT as a way to spend more time on the marketing elements that matter most—authentically sharing your brand’s unique voice through meaningful content.
ChatGPT has served us well, but there’s always room for improvement! ChatGPT Plus steps in with a more polished user experience, meaning fewer hiccups and more time for creativity. That’s right – no more constant page refreshes or low-quality responses!
In fact, the sheer functionality improvements have saved me roughly 1-2 minutes per inquiry simply from not having to refresh the platform as often.
ChatGPT Plus also offers flexibility by allowing you to switch between its AI reasoning models such as GPT-3.5 and GPT-4. Think of this like switching between older and updated power levels for the platform. If you prefer to stick with the basic version, it’s still unclear if GPT-4 will be available to free users.
As I compared the two, I found that choosing the best model for my needs made the experience even more efficient:
- For simple requests, like a social media copy task, choose GPT-3.5. While GPT-4 is technically faster in many ways for more complex requests, it also can take longer to provide a response to simple inquiries due to its advanced reasoning.
- For inquiries that need a little more depth and detail in response, like a landing page or larger content pieces, GPT-4 will provide the more structured and concise responses you’re looking for, though it might take a little longer to generate those types of messages.
- Think of it this way: GPT-4 wants to give you the most thorough response, even when you might not need that much detail or complex instruction understanding for your specific prompt.
One area where ChatGPT Plus truly excels is its advanced reasoning skills. With improved context understanding and more accurate information processing, the paid tier provides exceptional output that caters to your marketing needs more efficiently.
With these updated capabilities, I saved roughly 3-5 minutes per inquiry. ChatGPT Plus understood my prompts more quickly and thoroughly, resulting in less time spent tweaking prompts to get the ideal response.
If you’re looking for tips to craft the perfect prompts, download our updated ChatGPT guide!
While both versions shine in content generation, brainstorming, and problem-solving, ChatGPT Plus gives you that extra edge you need to stay ahead in the marketing game – ultimately providing a more intuitive user interface and saving more of your time.
ChatGPT Plus: Is It Worth the Cost?
So, should you stick with ChatGPT, or level up to ChatGPT Plus? If you’re satisfied with ChatGPT’s performance and don’t mind working through occasional hiccups, the free version of ChatGPT might be the right fit for you. But if you’re all about faster response times, improved functionality, enhanced reasoning, added flexibility, and seamless collaboration, ChatGPT Plus could be the answer you’ve been looking for!
Ready to try ChatGPT Plus? Here’s what you need to know:
- ChatGPT Plus is currently $20 a month – you can upgrade within your OpenAI account.
- Keep in mind, OpenAI has a rolling subscription basis for ChatGPT Plus, which means you might have to try a few times to confirm your upgrade or join the waitlist as availability for new Plus accounts changes.
- GPT-4 currently has a cap of 25 messages per user per every 3 hours, so be sure you’re crafting effective prompts.
- ChatGPT Plus is currently only available in the United States, but OpenAI plans to expand access to other countries.